Why are old boilers 60% efficient our 1976 boiler says 80%?????

The brochure of our 1976 boiler says it is 80% efficient (input vs output and D.O.E), which doesn't make sense since they say old boilers are only 60% efficient or less??

Reply to
guskz

Don't believe "they", just because they are...."they". You know what I mean.

If that's too freaking much information;

...and ask away.

-zero

Reply to
zero

With the NEW guideline from GAMA, AGA and UL the calculations come up with different numbers TODAY In the OLD days when gas was flowing like free beer there was no need to get tight with numbers, now days there is I hope this clears it all up for you. Now buy a frickin SHE boiler and get on with life.

Reply to
daytona

They are comparing the AFUE, which is everything the boiler consumes. Gas/oil and electricity.

Reply to
HeatMan

SOOO in the past "they" were exagerating the efficiency but THIS TIME HONEST to GOD they are telling the truth!!!! Interesting.

Reply to
guskz

I knew a couple of old boilers who gained a lot of efficiency after they lost a couple hundred pounds.

Reply to
~^Johnny^~

Hah.. In Indiana that would be a couple hundred pounds of lime...

Jake

Reply to
Jake

Well, could Cal see 'em? If so, then that's down the tubes, man. But difficulty is on a sliding scale. I prescribe make-up treatment.

Reply to
~^Johnny^~