water drips onto the metal frame inside my swamp cooler

I am using double thick blue pads in an effort to correct the sound of internal dripping on metal. Very annoying. The double pads made my home cooler. For a day, the sound of dripping-on-metal was gone, but has now returned.
The cooler does not leak or overflow.
Also, when I shut down the system it makes a medium loud buzzing sound for 30-60 seconds, then stops. This sound is not present during the operation of the cooler.
message

Would it be possible to install the blue pads on the inside of the unit? if possible mount them so they are sloped to a sidewall. As steep as possible.
Steve