Trane CleanEffects X-Former ??

Does anyone know what size x-former I need for the Trane CleanEffects electrostatic filter when used with a var-speed furnace--Trane XV-90??? The furnace came with a 35VA which was insufficient. We tried a 50VA upgrade (as indicated by the filter) and it was still not getting enough juice... Any info will be most appreciated.
Cheers, Shawn

Its about 2 1/2 inches square
Rima Neas posted for all of us...

You are sucking too much juice. Replace all wiring first.

OEM setup is and has been just fine....you wired something wrong

Power, Common, Fan-on, Heat-on, and ground. Picked up from the furnace control panel with straight cable into the filter door plug. Filter lights up, sets up properly, and all. Just gives the R1 not-enough-juice error code each time it is supposed to kick in. No doubt possible to screw up the wiring, just not obvious where to check? Thanks for the info though.
Cheers, Shawn
PS: Not my install, alas the installer and two subsequent techs didn't have a clue. I am the homeowner.

have
Suggest look for voltage drop someplace then , bad connection, splice, etc.

You bet. I'm a trane dealer. I know exactly what size you need. I paid for my knowledge though, so it doesnt seem right to give it away free.

I'd use a big one if I were you.