Thermostat, VisionPro 8000 good for heat pumps?

The guy preparing a heat pump quote for me says the vision pro 8000 is not recommended for heat pumps. Is this true? I'm skeptical.
The plan is to rip out old the oil furnace and replace with heatpump and variable speed ahu with 15kW strips (and skip the furnace).
Thks
Reheating in Coastal BC
On 19 Aug 2006 01:05:22 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

He is mistaken. He doesnt know anything about "ripping out". Make sure the system is "torn out" and then install a Vision Pro 8202 0012 with a matching subbase for optimal performance. Bubba

The vison pro is ideal for heat pump & dual fuel applications. There are 3 residential models to choose. You have to use the model with 3 heat and 2 cooling stages. It has to be properly set up when installed. It has an option for outdoor temperature senser that can control electric reheat and heat pump shut down based on outdoor temperature. It is the only tstat I have found that can actually lock out the electric reheat based on outdoor air temperature... which will save a lot of money during the recovery cycle.
If your guy doesn't know this, then I would be skeptical of his control knowledge as well as his ability to provide you with a quality system. A lot of people can *install* hvac, few can actually make it work properly.

Bubba, don't you mean ripped, torn and beaten out??

Been working fine on mine for a couple of years..Id be looking for a competent installer..

He's F O S.
Get another quote.

Every heat pump system I have installed this year has a Honeywell VisionPro 8000 T-stat # TH8321U1006 installed with it as part of the installation package, They work great.

Same here, that stat rocks!