Thermostat - The best place for one in a house?

What is the best place to put your thermostat? My thermostat is currently placed in my TV room. I don't believe this is the best place for it because the temperature fluctuates based on the number of people in the room. In the dead of winter, and with 8-10 people over, the furnace barely runs and the other rooms drop in temperature. I usually compensate by closing the vents in the TV room that way, when the furnace does run, it runs longer.
I'm thinking of either moving it to my dining room (which has an outside wall) or the central hallway (which might be bad snce it could be a degree or 2 warmer/colder then the rooms with outside walls).
Your thoughts?

You should have 2 thermostats. Wire them together like a 3-way light switch. In the dead of Winter you use the one mounted on the outside wall, and use the original thermostat in the dead of Summer so people are nice and cool.
Make sure you use fresh T-stat wiring for both.
-zero
On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 13:40:21 -0700 (PDT), ATJaguarX

I think you should put it in a centrally located closet. This should keep it away from all the people you have over. Bubba
ATJaguarX posted for all of us...

Do you have a rectal or oral thermostat?

Buy a radio controlled Stat; that way you can take it with you. (And they said you can't take it with you!). Well now you can.
Make sure you don't get one with too much rf power, or if you use it as a rectal unit, it may cause radiation burns and remove the roids, making you a perfect asshole
I normally don't give advice here, but as george hamilton knows "toasted", I know about thermostats since I stayed in the Holiday Inn Express last night.
see the commercial here http://www.netglimse.com/videos/29971
Now if any of this make sense to you, you are in good shape. my cabo wabo is especially good tonight.

Gasoline prices needs to come down.
How's that for a thought?

Wow...what a bunch of useful information here...
You are quite welcome! Glad to have helped.

Wow...what a bunch of useful information here...
What did you expect??
--

Steve @ Noon-Air Heating & A/C

"Stop calling me for freebies Satan,

He wanted someone to show up and fix it for a couple of beers!
Bunch of jerks in here man.

Thanx, now buzz off.
--

Steve @ Noon-Air Heating & A/C

"Stop calling me for freebies Satan,

I'd rather be a Jerk than an Asshole like yourself. :-)

I'm sorry to hear of your Schizophrenia. There is treatment available that might help you live easier with your low I.Q.