thermostat bypass

Good day I have a group home which has several clients who tare off one of the multi thermostats which causes the other units to lose its program.

I understand I can place a resister across the leads to hold currant threw the second unit in the chain saving its program

what value would you recommend?

thanks Smiles

Reply to
Smiles

I have no idea what type of Tst you have but from electronic point of view? if Tst have separate power source which power the Tst, The Tst will not loose program, unless? it is hook up wrong to start with, and that is in question. If Tst is two wire or other and it depend on power source from those wires it may loose the program, again if back up battery is dead or no good, so my friend I will say back to drawing board. Tony

Reply to
Tony

I like all the shit replies makes me wonder whats to come with newsgroups seeing a lot of ISP are dropping them

yes thermostats are electronic programmable for client safety we can not have batteries installed

units are gas 24V controls with a low temp safety unit with two control one supervisor one client in series with the low temp parallel to them

I was looking for a safety resister currently using 1Kohm but at times still loose programs

;) see what humor this brings

:) HVAC supplier wants us to spend over $2000 per home and $150 annual maintenance fee on control system plus fee on HVAC unit

thanks

Reply to
Smiles