Seeking Suggestions/Tips before covering up the central A/C for the season.

Page 2 of 2

Holds in moisture.
Sounds nice! I'm dreading my 4-mile lunch run because the temperature is supposed to be 97 degrees today.
Of course, my winters are probably a world easier than what you have to endure! A lunch run during January up in Alberta would likely be below zero. I've never experienced that!
"Holy Moses" wrote:

jp2express wrote:

I am in Calgary, when I looked outside to check temp. it was 3 deg. C. Went out to walk the dog, mountains are covered with snow! Our winter is very dry so really it does not feel that cold. Some Indian elder said to me the other day, we're in for early winter. I'd rather be cold than hot, LOL!
sir, here in ky usa, we just get any leaves or debris out off the unit and put a cover on top ,like a plywood or plexiglass,just anything flat will work. put a few bricks on it to keep it on. this will keep the leaves and snow out of it during winter. we dont clean the condenser fins till spring,unless its a heatpump. you can get coil cleaners on ebay, but usually just rinsing with water is fine. lucas
On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 09:49:36 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Plywood and bricks?? Im guessing you've got a refrigerator on your front porch and an old car up on blocks in the side yard. Lord knows whats in your trailer. Bubba
Plywood and bricks?? Im guessing you've got a refrigerator on your front porch and an old car up on blocks in the side yard. Lord knows whats in your trailer. Bubba ------------------------------- no trailor bubba, big house and 500 acres... what a putz...

The putz is the one who didn't reply to the correct person. LOL