sci.engr.heat-vent-ac-ref

Well said, Andy.

I also think there should be a new group called sci.engr.heat-vent-ac- ref

Paul? Why not?

aschoen Mar 22 1995, 7:11 am

Curious to know if there has been interest heard among the >"refrigeration" types for this newsgroup. > >ASHRAE was formed in 1954(?) as a combination of ASRE >(the refrigeration folks) and ASHVE (the air conditioning >and heating folks). They decided there was enough common >interest to form a single group. I think this newsgroup >should adopt this same line of thinking. Perhaps a better title >for the newsgroup is: 'sci.engr.heat-vent-ac-ref'. > > >Refrigeration system manufacturers have been leading >the way to the adoption of the alterative HFC refrigerants >and the use of POE oils. Refrigerants R-12 and R-502, long >popular with refrigeration systems, will no longer be produced >after this year. The refrigeration industry has almost switched >completely to HCFC and HFC refrigerants. > > >Air conditioning system manufacturers are learning from the >problems experienced by the refrigeration system manufacturers. >The adoption of an HFC refrigerant by the air conditioning >manufacturers will be easier as a result. > > >Andy Schoen > snipped-for-privacy@mo.net
Reply to
Marc O'Brien - ACRTC