Rheem RPNE - Sensitive to power glitches? Need to short test pins to reboot??

I'm curious if anyone else has noticed that Rheem RPNE HP's are sensitive to power glitches. I've observed that they won't come on after an outage without shorting the Ranco defrost board test pins. Once a self test is initiated they'll run perfect until the next power outage. Simply cycling power doesn't seem enough.

I'm curious if the control board is sensitive to the sequence of a power restore. Does it want LV or HV first.

I'm just curious what others have observed?

Reply to
Kettering

Which Ranco board?? The one with the self diagnostics on it?? they had a problem with that one, its under warranty and you should be able to have you local Rheem dealer warranty the board for you. With the complete model number and serial number from the heat pump, I can give you the correct part number for the new board.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Just in case anybody else runs across this problem(the OP contacted me privately), the old board part number is 47-21517-22 The new revised board part number is 47-21517-92. The RPNE units are new enough so that they should be under warranty. This board is also used on most of the other newer (3 or so years old)

*JAZ* series heat pumps.

The JEZ series have a mother board in them and use a different "daughter" DDC board.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Noon-Air posted for all of us...

Is there a JIZZ series? I betcha it's comin fast! I'm sorry...

Reply to
Tekkie®

Doesn't the JIZZ series come from the RHEEM?

Reply to
Zyp

reamer Rotating cutting tool used to enlarge a drilled hole to size. Normally removes only a small amount of stock. The workpiece supports the multiple-edge cutting tool. Also for contouring an existing hole.

( Eat your heart out Millright Ron plagurise on Millright dudes you guys stole yours from IAM but here's the f****ng mother lode for all you jackasses man )

cnc'sam

Thats pretty RUUD

Reply to