Recirculation of air

Page 2 of 2
Like fine wines, memories improve with time.
I've both been a boss and an employee. Which are you referring?
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.
daytona wrote:

Energy studies show that if the home has a properly insulated attic the installation of a power vent will not decrease air conditioning energy cost enough to pay for the operation of the power vent fan.
Travis Jordan wrote:

Travis,
That is true in new construction where the attic is properly ventilated by continuous ridge and soffit vents. It is NOT the case on many buildings of older design.
We've done some solar-powered vent in INDIANA that seem to work well, provided that attic is also properly insulated and leaks between the conditioned spaces and the attic are minimized.
Jake

Energy Study it sure might prove interesting. Bubba

That's another good thought. Definitely worth considering. I will try to make a list of things to check/try, and it would be on this list.
thanks