Problem Installing Thermostat

I have purchased a Hunter setback thermostat to replace the thermostat that came with the house. I have run into a problem and have been unable to get through to Hunter support.
Anyway, here is my problem. My current thermostat has five wires with a jumper from RH to RC. The new thermostat says no jumper for 5 wires and if I have a code letter on the existing thermostat of Y, C, or M I should tag it Y/O. I have a C and a Y code with wires. What do I do now?
Thanks
Art
Do you have a furnace, or heat pump? What brand?
What are the colors of the wires in the wall?
What letters did they used to connect? Did Red go to the G terminal, or to the X terminal? What was the old wiring setup?
Does your home have air conditioning?
What is the heat source?
Installing a thermost is often underestimated. More complicated than it seems.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I have a Payne AC and forced air furnace.
Wire colors on current thermostat:
Blue to terminal C Green to Terminal G Yellow to terminal Y White to Terminal W Red to terminal RH
Black jumper wire RH to RC
No X terminal. It does have a B and O terminal but no wires are connected.
I have installed thermostats before without any problem. This has turned out to be a different story.
Art
Should install just like the old one. Leave the RH-RC jumper in. Other than that, it should be identical. I'd suggest to ignore whatever that was in the instructions, and wire the new one like the old one.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Hunter makes great ceiling fans, but their thermostats suck. Honeywell makes great thermostats, but you get what you pay for.
Good luck with a Hunter or anything else bought at Lowes

travlinjohn wrote:

Mr. Travlinjohn,
Mind telling me why a Stanley tape measure purchase at Lowes would be more suspect compared to the same tape measure purchased at Home Depot, WalMart, or Sears?
Thanks, Art
PS: I didn't purchase the thermostat at Lowes.

Everyone knows that Lowes makes their products for Homos.

Arent you glad you bought the cheapest stat you could find? Arent you glad Hunters support is so fast and thorough? Arent you glad your heating system doesnt work now? You've gotta remember. Its easy. Its not rocket science. Click your heals and repeat 3 times............ "There's no place like home............." Bubba
Bubba wrote:

Bubba Baby,
The only thing I am unhappy about is that trash talking trolls like you can use a computer..
Art
ouch!

Yeah, I know. I'd feel as stupid as you too if I asked such a dumb question. I guess it just kills you to find out that you are a cheap bastard and you got an answer worth exactly what you paid for it. By the way,............dont let the skylight hatch hit you in the ass on the way out. Please be sure and lock-up as you disappear. Bubba
AR posted for all of us...

I am unhappy because you are a fundy idiot that didn't do any research.

Nowhere near enough info......call for service and get a real t-stat, and return that POS Hunter.