Problem ac

Page 1 of 2
When I moved into my dwide a month ago my landlord told me it had central ac, i guess I should have asked if it was working ac. She had an ac man living in the neighborhood fix it or should I say rig it. He told me to turn it on cool at the t box and then go outside to the condenser box and push the fuse in to turn it on. Im already a little weird messing with electrical things so I figured out which breaker it was in the circuit breaker box and just started using that breaker instead. One day when I tried to turn it on the breaker arced and threw the main power breaker. Still havent seen anybody else to come fix it properly instead of it being rigged like that. My ex is a jack of all trades so he came out to look at it, he told me that the unit was old. Even though the air is central it is pumped through the gas furnace. He asked me where the return was and we couldnt find one, he opened up the furnace panel and there was no filter in there and he said we werent getting good air flow because there was no obvious place for the return air to come in. Also the coils on the bottom of the furnace were iced over and the freon tank in the condenser was iced as well. He said it was low on freon but it just got charged a month ago, so we figured that there had to be a leak. Also the box that has the fuse in it that comes from the condenser to the house was no longer attached to the house but just hanging there near the grass. He said that was a problem and that having no filter in the furnace was a hazard because of the dust buildup around all the wires. How dangerous is this working the way it is.

Oh Man ! You sound like the definition of "trailer trash".
I guess you can take the girl out of the trailer, but you can't take the trailer out of the girl.
B-Hate-Me wrote:

So what makes you the expert?
B-Hate-Me wrote:

By the way what IS the definition of trailer trash? or do you even know.

It's pseudo-jargon for "redneck". Actually living in trailer, or not, is irrelevant.
A ghetto is a ghetto.
--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info

http://jolenesugarbaker.com /

Sorry, my keyboard has developed railer rash.
--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info

I saw a movie lke that once. But all I remember is the trailer.
--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info
Very dangerous. Your life is at peril.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Ask Eddy at www.hvactalkforum.com
Chris,
stick to being a nice guy; be yourself.
you suck as a satirist. these idiots will NEVER accept you. they'd rather torment you as they always have for fun as they do most homeowners.
And by the way I am NOT an HVAC guy. I am an electrician by trade. If people asked me for advice on a website, I think all I could safely, legally tell them is do not stick your finger in a light socket. I understand why these guys feel the way they do, but their lack of respect is totally amazing ( well maybe not). Especially the trailer lady. How do they know she is trailer trash? maybe just... ah fuck it ,who cares.

Duwite wrote:

http://www.hvactalkforum.com /
Duwite wrote:

www.airconditioner-help.com
Oddly enough, that was a serious answer. After all, she did say that something arced and threw the main breaker. Sounds like some serious bad wiring, there.
But you're right, a few of the folks here will give me equal opportunity harassment.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

www.airconditioner-help.com
Listen, Eddy, this is getting ridiculous. You quote scores of lines of text, just to plug a website, repeatedly. It's no better than outright spam.
Good day.
=plonk!
--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info
~^Johnny^~ wrote:

Sorry about that Johnny I didn't realize I was being repetitive,
www.hvactalkforum.com
On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 12:10:17 GMT, "Stormin Mormon"

If she'll let you, and your wife doesn't care... then no matter who cares.
--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info

It hurts less if you wet your finger first. Standing barefoot, in a basement, with a concrete floor, flooded with brackish water, no less.
The first electric chair was made by Westinghouse. On the back, there was a plate bearing the slogan: "You can be sure!"
I was only kidding about the first paragraph, but not about the second one.
--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info
Duwite wrote:

<snipped>
Or any other part of yopur anatomy....
There once was a man from Woonsocket, Who stuck his big dick in a socket. His wife was a bitch, And flipped on the switch, And his balls took off like a rocket.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)