Possible myth about high efficiency boilers =$$$ to sellers?

Unless someone can properly explain why high 93% efficiency boilers need outside air ventilation intake where as CAST IRON boiller (83% efficient) don't need it:

I believe the only reason is to ****LOWER the flue gas temperature***** and generate condensation which defeats the energy savings purpose (meaning drawing hot air out versus drawing -10F cold air in = same efficiency) since flue gas can only condensate below 130 to 120F???

Reply to
guskz

Oh, they both need the combustion air.

Reply to
HeatMan

Yes, but the cast iron boilers do not all come with outside air intake vents (same size as chimney exhaust vent) where as I believe all high efficiency condensation boilers do, and the only logical reason I see is they need cold winter air to lower the gas flue temperature since the gas flue only condensates below 130deg F (which should defeat any efficiency gain..meaning efficiency same as cast iron in winter)?

Reply to
guskz

Reach way up your asshole and pull out some more brilliance!

Reply to
Oscar_Lives