Old a/c unit, never used, still good?

I have been offered an old air conditioning unit by a relative. The machine is a Sears window unit that is fifteen years old and has never been out of the box. Only the top of the box has been opened but nothing has been taken out. The box has been stored in one place with top up. Will this machine work properly if I try and use it. I don't know the model number. All I know if that it cost my relative about $500 fifteen years ago. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers . . . J

Most likely, it's just fine. May take five to ten minutes of run before it blows cold. The freon dissolves in the oil. Takes a couple minutes to work loose.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Reply to
Bob Pietrangelo