Office Building Humidity

What are acceptable and unacceptable humidity levels for an office building (in the southeastern United States, if that makes a difference) with regard to health issues? Our office building is below 20%, which is as low as the hygrometer goes.

Reply to
mcp6453

You normally want it between 40-60 %.

Reply to
<kjpro

The hygrometer I just installed is reading "LO%", meaning that the humidity is below 20%. I&#39;m going to get a better one to see how low it really is. My throat is giving me a fit, and my ENT says that low humidity could be significantly contributing to the problem. I&#39;m somewhat skeptical but willing to investigate.

How would the building operator remedy the situation? Do commercial HVAC systems have humidifiers? Since I&#39;m in a cubicle, I doubt that a vaporizer would have much effect. It would seem that the vapor would be quickly consumed by the dry air.

Reply to
mcp6453

The building operator would remedy it by firing your stupid ass for worrying about dumb shit and not paying particular attention to your job which you are getting paid for instead of trying to be a wanna be building supervisor. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

I&#39;m sure humidifiers are made for commercial equipment. However, it&#39;s unlikely that the building owners would go the expense.

Vaporizer is good, and encourage others in the area to also vaporize. Better than nothing. Depending on how hard the fans blow air through your cube, it may be a big help for you. You can also "borrow" a side partition from one of the empty cubes to make a ceiling for your cube. Dilbert did that kind of thing. Or, on occasion you can tent yourself in with your humidifier by using a towel. Explain to others that it&#39;s on doctors orders. Or, you can wrap your face in a wet towel, and explain that it&#39;s a burkah. Failing that, you can pour water on the carpet every morning. Or you can import live plants, and water them generously every day (where do you think all that water goes? Into the air!). Get a couple trigger spray bottles, and have water fights.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If you work in a cubicle, you will definitely be amused by this. My personal guarantee. My office workspace has been restructured and now only the impotent people (no I did not forget the "r") have a real office. I did have my own 14X14 foot office before.

I have been put into a cubicle. That&#39;s OK with me, considering I will retire soon anyway.

Bob

Bob

Reply to
DIMwit