New Trane system rumbles on startup/shutdown, and other issues

Page 3 of 3
Bubba wrote:

Perhaps my wording was bad. There is an option to have backup heat source controlled by a fossil fuel kit. This is NOT enabled, which I take to mean that the thermostat is set up to control everything. Also, this thermostat (Trane TCONT802) supports three-stage heat and two-stage cool. Why even have the fossil fuel kit when this thermostat has the capability to control the whole system? Thanks, Jason
Bubba wrote:

After searching the web, it appears that my thermostat is the honeywell vision pro, with a Trane name. So why did they choose to use the fossil fuel kit when the thermostat is fully capable of doing the job?

That thermostat has not been out all that long. Just a few short years back we HAD to use the fossil fuel kit. Why did they choose to use the fossil fuel kit AND the Vision Pro/Trane stat? Your guess is as good as mine. My guess would be that they dont seem to have a clue. Bubba