Need some help and advice

My sister in the SF Bay Area CA is buying a home with a pool. She doesn't have a clue about pools... how to maintain the pool / water etc.
Some people say buy some tablets, buy an automatic moving cleaner. Others say get a pool service. What should she do ? What tablets are these ? Are these tablets expensive ? is it easy to do by oneself ?
Is it easy to maintain a pool ?
Would any one with experience, pls shed some light on this.
Thanks Linda
On 19 Dec 2006 19:01:28 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Send me a picture of her tits. While you're at it, send me a picture of your tits. Im sure I can then help you with your pool problem. Bubba

Post some pics of your tits, and get your sister to post some pics of her tits too!
Tell her to check with one of the local pool supply places. If she can find out from the previous owner who they used, they will already have a background on the pool and any chemical balance problems.

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I live in Ca and own a pool, like whoopee ya know?
the first year of ownership I checked the chemical balance every week, added chlorine, brushed the sides & bottom, the whole nine yards.
By the 2nd yr of ownership, it was checking the chemical balance once every 3 months & vacuum brushing the sides & bottom.
By the third yr of pool ownership, I bought a creepy crawly on ebay and a couple of floating chlorine dispensers.
No more manually vacuuming-sweeping-brushing the pool, no more futzing with chemicals yada yada.
Add 3" jumbo chlorine tabs to the floater in the pool, pump & creepy are on a timer, and pool maintenance couldnt be easier.
Buy a 5 gallon bucket of the 3" jumbo tabs for $75-$80.
If your sis can buy a house in 'Frisco, she can afford a monthly pool service ......
Sounds very similar to our hot tub. First year it's a first born. Now we toss a handful of chemicals in it on the weekend :-)