Minimum heat requirements

I am kind of confused about the actual requirement in COBA or any related code for maintaining temperature in a single family house (I dont have access to the actual code yet). Is the requirement that a minimum temperature of around 68F be maintained throughout the house or is it more flexible allowing for multiple zones and having a min of one zone maintain the temp?
Thanks.. A.M.

Rigt out of the 2003 IBC
SECTION 1204
TEMPERATURE CONTROL
1204.1 Equipment and systems. Interior spaces intended for
human occupancy shall be provided with active or passive
space-heating systems capable of maintaining a minimum indoor
temperature of 68F (20C) at a point 3 feet (914 mm)
above the floor on the design heating day.
Exception: Interior spaces where the primary purpose is not
associated with human comfort.
Thanks...