Mini Split AC Question

I purchased a LG AC/Heatpump unit. The install went fine and the unit seams to be working good. To check the performance LG says the gas side pressure should be between 120 and 135 PSGI when in cooling mode. Mine is running right on target. My question is, is it normal for the gas side pressure to increase to say around 250 to 300 PSIG when the unit is not running ? I am wondering because the nameplate on the unit says that the Design Pressure for the highside is 450 PSIG and the lowside is 240 PSIG.
I purchased a LG AC/Heatpump unit. The install went fine and the unit seams to be working good. To check the performance LG says the gas side pressure should be between 120 and 135 PSGI when in cooling mode. Mine is running right on target. My question is, is it normal for the gas side pressure to increase to say around 250 to 300 PSIG when the unit is not running ? I am wondering because the nameplate on the unit says that the Design Pressure for the highside is 450 PSIG and the lowside is 240 PSIG.
------------------------------
yes...... wait.... no...... wait..... sometimes.... wait..... maybe........ummm..... What did you licensed, insured, professionally trained installer tell you??
I didn't think you'd know.
yes...... wait.... no...... wait..... sometimes.... wait..... maybe........ummm..... What did you licensed, insured, professionally trained installer tell you??

Actually I *DO* know... and with the exact pressure when the system is at rest, and normalized, I can tell you the temperature too.
We're all very proud of you. Happy, now?

Actually I *DO* know... and with the exact pressure when the system is at rest, and normalized, I can tell you the temperature too.
On 8/2/2012 9:05 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

We? Is that indicative of your multiple personality syndrome? It is a definite sign of weak kneedness when you imply the support of nonexistent others.

Steve you seemed to be good technician but I do have some problem with your explanation from time to time, maybe because of my poor English , but I think you wording in paragraph above should be when unit stops after being running and pressure Equalized and not normalized low side pressure will be equal are close to high side! And OP all technician if are tech. gas side is refer to discharge and not ever to the low side as you have stated .

Dude... I been working 12 - 14 hour days.... getting too worn out to think straight..
On 8/3/2012 9:27 PM, Steve wrote:

I was doing an electrical job outside yesterday during a period of 109F heat index. I listed a gallon of Powerade on the parts list that I turned in with the work order. ^_^
TDD
Under those conditions, I'd reimburse for that.
I was doing an electrical job outside yesterday during a period of 109F heat index. I listed a gallon of Powerade on the parts list that I turned in with the work order. ^_^
TDD
On 8/3/2012 11:00 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I told the dispatcher about it and she laughed her ass off. ^_^
TDD

You couldn't handle it down here in the deep south.... The design temp is 98F with a 77F WET BULB... think 110 - 115 heat index. Attics are brutal.