Looking for a source for a Carrier Run Capacitor

Page 2 of 2

That's very good advice. Some supply houses will simply refuse to sell to non licensed contractors and send obvious homeowners/DIY'ers packing. Others will sell to anyone. The bigger the city the better your chances.
Go there when the counter isn't busy. (avoid early morning and around lunch). If the counter is full of techs. the supply house is less likely to sell to a homeowner. It's not like they want to refuse business, they just don't want to piss of their loyal customers. You'll be seen as a threat to them.
Look like a tech. Don't go there driving your BMW with little Johnny on your shoulders wearing a golf shirt. Wear a blue work shirt and place a small dial thermometer in the shirt pocket for all to see. A small maglight in a holster is also a good disguise. Dirty work hands with a few scars is also a good sign. (maybe play with a cat before you go there)
Don't ask for any advice!! Go to their website in advance and get their part number and ask for the part by that number. Don't ask about the return policy or 30 day satisfaction guarantee. This isn't Wal Mart - assume you buy it/you own it.
Try and set up a will call pickup. However they'll likely ask you for an account #. Try saying "cash/will call" when you call.
If they get real anal and want you to be a licensed contractor then say you're a property maintainance manager. Say you company is "_______ Properties"/Cash Will Call.
The best way to deal with a supply house is to fax them an EPA 608 card and/or contractors license and set up a COD account. Once you have an account number your golden.

Ever heard of a Fluke model 52 II ?
Don't need no stinking dial thermometer!
Get with the program and lose the stone ages!
"play with a cat" before you go to a supply house???
You're an idiot.

Your advice is good too, Bud.
If your hands are dirty, I think the cat scratches are not necessary, HAHA. I have never been turned away at a counter. The problem I've had at the counter is the issue of price. If I just show up at the counter with the part I will almost always be offered the "list price". To avoid that problem I call first to "check stock" on the part, identifying myself as (my first name) from (my last name) appliance repairs, and then ask for the "net" price. When I'm asked "Do you have an account?" I say "No, it's cash." Getting the parts person's name is critical here, as when I show up at the counter I'm invariably asked "Who quoted you THAT price?!" So, I better have the name, and the quoted price of course. Most times I say "Joe (the phone parts guy) quoted me $56.29 on the phone, while the counter parts guy is looking up the part. If I'm given the gears here I say "I've already qouted MY customer a price based on your quote to me." That almost always works to get the quoted price.
Sincerely, BlackHawk

So your saying that lying, cheating and deception is ok...... You must be a liberal democrap. I feel for your kids and the lessons your teaching them by your examples.
Go ahead and tell me I'm wrong......

So you like being a thief...
On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 12:53:50 -0500, BlackHawk96

Yeah, you sure are good at that little trick, BlackHawk. Most all of those counter guys are stupid. They never deal with the likes of your kind. They would never figure that out. They only deal with customers like you on the phone and in person 8 hrs a day, 5 or 6 days a week. Bubba

Thanks for your input, Bubba.
I never meant to insinuate that parts guys are stupid, 'cause they aren't. It's just that getting the very best price for most ANYTHING is like a game of chess. Hell, all they have to do is ask me for my business card, or only sell to buyers who have business accounts, and the game's up. Fedex wouldn't play with me at all when I tried to get them to pick up a package at my home. They said "Your business address has to be listed in the yellow pages, for us to pickup there.". Wholesalers of any sort could have similar restrictions, but THEY DON'T (even the ones that sell thermostats). So, what am I supposed to deduce from that?
Here's another one for you. The next time you get stopped at a roadcheck, and you've had a few, hyperventilate with FULL deep breathing, and you will clear the air in your lungs of most alcohol. Try not to be too obvious. For the blow, take a REALLY deep breath, and don't exhale the last little bit, which is the part that has the most alcohol in it, and which is the part that the cops will encourage you to give them.. Be polite so the cops don't think to take a blood sample. If the cops ask you why you are breathing so hard, tell them you have asthma. If they ask you if you are on medication, tell them "No, it just comes when I get excited.". There is even more to this story, but you will have to ask to hear it.
SIncerely, BlackHawk

Again with more lies, cheating and deception to cover up things that you KNOW are wrong, and/or illegal. I hope your real proud of the lessons your teaching your children by your example.
On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 03:12:47 -0500, BlackHawk96

Again, you've shown an example that is bogus. Cops do this 8, 10, 12 hrs a day, everyday. They've seen shit you cant even think of and you think breathing hard before a breathalyzer is going to change anything????? You're entitled to your own dreams though. Bubba

What a dumbass...

other
Sorry again,
Smart people don't drink and drive!!!!!!!!!!!
Every time you open your mouth you made yourself look worse...
7.5 uF
-Canadian Heat