Less hot water when gas furnace is on

I have a problem that I am not sure how to begin diagnosing. During the winter/cooler months when our furnace is running, we have a lot less hot water. Both the water heater and furnace our gas. They both reside in the same closet and share a gas line that comes in and "T"s off to supply gas to each appliance.
Has this been heard of by anyone and any suggestions on what the culprit maybe? It really seems like the furnace is "stealing" gas from the water heater. The pilot light is never out, so it is getting gas.
Thanks,
SB
I don't know if this is your problem or not, but do you have a humidifier hooked up to your furnace that is hooked up to your hot water line? If yes, you could re-plumb it to the cold water line instead. The humidifier would use a little more water but it would be cold water instead of hot water.
On Oct 27, 5:41 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 00:41:50 -0000, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Well, it could be that if your family is getting older and fatter then you are using more hot water since it takes a lot more water to cover them big boys. Bubba

The gas company is limiting your usage. They do this from time to time when they feel you are using to much. When they limit your usage and you complain, they call in the police to investigate for a meth lab. Make sure you cover your bases before calling.

when
IOW make sure all your video cameras are working properly for when they show up.

sure
show
He always wanted to be a movie star...
Top Ten Meth Lab Crackdowns!
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Maybe when it's cold your hot water pipes lose more heat, making it seem like you have less hot water.