HVAC man uses condenser fan to vent attic

For all the naysayers: C&P'd from Google
"My house has 3 gable vents, 2 large (30" h x 60" w) and 1 small one, so, since I own an HVAC company, I have access to a large number of fans and motors, so I decide to take a motor/fan combo from a unit I had just replaced and since 220 volts uses less juice than 110, that's what I used, might not be a good choice for tha DIY'er, but could be, so after installing my fan and wiring it up, I checked the intakes and man were they suckin or blowin, which ever it was movin some air.
So I proceeded to maximize my heat remover by closing off the space around the fan and other vents that allowed air to escape to quickly, so after all was done, I believe I dropped my heat gain by 1/2 to 1 full ton..... "
Next, he might try 110 VAC.
Actually, you didn't save any electric cost. Power is measured in watts, and also billed in watts.
220 volts uses half the amps. But twice the volts. The watts work out the same. Hate to be the one to break it to you.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

It looks good on paper, but you're wrong. If that were the case then there would be no reason for large plants to use 480v 3ph or 4160v 3ph for that matter. The larger the voltage the less loss that you have in transmission. Which breaks down to more efficient use of the power being used.
Ask anyone of the electricians that post here, or better yet do some research of your own. Try "electricity efficiency" in your favorite search engine. I really wish that you'd stop with the off the top of your head postings and do some research for real facts.
I've been toying with the idea of using an old furnace blower, and making a barn fan, or something out of it. Didn't cost me anything. And there's times when I'd love to be able to move a lot of air in a hurry.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Confucious Say: We who drink beer can move LOTS of air in a hurry.

Stormon Mormin: Don't call me Confucius. I am confused enough. That was my saying. OR, were you cursing at me by calling me Confucius?

It's a hybrid word. Part "confused" and part "precious". It's a compliment. Honest! (Well, at least as honest as any of the posts on usenet.)
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.