Furnace Help Please

I have a 5 year old amana furnace that will not light. I replaced the thermostat and that did not work. I think my pilot light is out but I cannot find where it is in the unit. I do see a little red light flashing 4 times. Can you help?
On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 17:15:53 -0700, True wrote:

You probably just didnt get the proper matching thermostat. Please replace the thermostat again. Bubba "It's almost always the thermostat"

I kind of agree. My wife told me not to get a cheap one. I got a 30.00 rite temp. I'm off to the big box store tomorrow. Any suggestions as to the brand I should get?
On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 18:30:53 -0700, True wrote:

Your wife is berry berry smart. You should have listened. Now go out and buy the most expensive stat you can find. Then go buy your wife a dozen red roses. Bubba
True wrote:

    I would suggest that you read more of Bubba's posts, and you would see that regardless of the problem he recommends purchasing the most expensive thermostat you can afford. You might come away with the feeling that his diagnosis has nothing to do with your symptoms. He really appears to be a frustrated HVAC person who fortunately is not patronized by many customers. Perhaps because he is dishonest? You decide.

Ken, You don't really think I solicit customers in this or any other newsgroup, do you? Frustrated?, not many customers?, Dishonest? You make me laugh. Please don't quit your day job because you wont make it in the "crystal ball" field or as a psychologist/psychiatrist. Yes, now you can "Bite Me", right after you finish licking that window. Bubba
Bubba wrote:

    No, I do not think you are soliciting customers via the net. No one in their right mind would bite on such an attempt should you try. I apologize for suggesting you were once employed, for surely that would be worthy of Ripley's believe it or not. I think you are a liberal who feels the world owes you more than you have received, and post comments not to help, but to cost the questioners more than they would otherwise incur. Is this dishonest? That is for the readers to decide.

Hell, I dont/didnt really even know what a liberal is. Cant say that I want or wanted to know, either. Politics is just not my bag and with the Presidential candidates out there, it sure doesnt help. C'mon, can you really say you want to vote for Hillary, O'bhama or McCain? I cant even pick which would be the least worst to vote for. Actually, Ive never really been employed. Only a couple years of my life. The rest was spent owning my own companies but you can still bite me, Ken. Bubba

Ken posted for all of us...

HAAAAAAAAAAAA Bubba a liberal? You really are one stupid nimrod.

<True> wrote in message

Whatever brand the service tech carries when you call him/her to find and correct the *REAL* problem.
You losers are too easy.
<True> wrote in message

Really??
*click*
True wrote:

Hi, Inside the cover panel of the furnace there should be a chart for diagnostic code. If the light flashes 4 times, that is code 04. Start from there.

4 flashes for code 4 you say? who would of thunk it?! I'm going to try replacing the thermostat first per bubba's instructions. I think I just got a cheap one the first time.
True wrote:

Hmmm, Do you have a logical conclusion pointing to bad 'stat? What kinda trouble-shooting did you do? Have you jumpered terminal R and W to call for heat? Or did you check control voltage 24V AC is present? Practice logic B4 blaming that poor 'stat. If you insist, Honeywell Vision Pro series is very good. Or on second thought you are trolling, aren't you?
<True> wrote in message

A slow flashing light is usually okay but if it starts speeding up means she could blow at any time.

On Mar 13, 7:15 pm, True wrote:

The Charter for this news group does not include assisting home owners with their individual issues. Many of the people in this news group make their living by servicing home owner units, thus their attitude is that you should call a service tech if you want your furnace fixed. For this newsgroup, that is an appropriate attitude.
If you want a chance at some real help, and not folks egging you on, try alt.home.repair.
Mike H wrote:

Not true. Here is the charter for alt.hvac:
[begin quote from earliest control message in the archive]
alt.hvac    Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning discussion
This group will discuss planning, design, implementation and other things related to commercial HVAC systems.
[end quote from earliest control message in the archive]
Nowhere is the charter does it say this group is for professionals only. A request for help from a homeowner would qualify as "other things related to commercial HVAC systems". Not to mention the "discussion" (what a useless phrase for a text newsgorup) in the tag line.

They may take that attitude if they like, but the Charter does not back them up.

Good advice. Google can also be helpful.
--
Tony Sivori

Not too many homes have commercial HVAC systems in them. The few that do are owned by people that have enough money and brains to call a pro for help and get it done right, not DIY for free with internet advice! Vrey few homeowners are interested or qualified to discuss things related to commercial HVAC systems. Residential HVAC equipment is referred to as "residential", in the trade. Residential, Commercial, Industrial, and Institutional are the main designations for HVAC equipment. Now you know, Tony.
kool wrote:

Sometimes a word is defined by context. For example, "may" might mean "possibly", or "may" can also mean "permitted".
In the context of the Charter, I'd say that "commercial" means HVAC systems that are sold commercially.
The alternative, is that if you are right, all of the techs here discussing residential HVAC systems are having off topic discussion.
--
Tony Sivori