Furnace Filters

I'm want to upgrade the air filter in my gas forced-air furnace. The current one measures 24" x 15" x 1". I've been using one of those "permanent" filters, but I'm going to try a good, disposable filter and see how that works. 3M Filtrete seems like a popular brand, but I'd be happy to try something that works as well for a lower cost.

Thanks.

Reply to
BrianEWilliams

That "aint" a normal size so it will be difficult to find if at all. Upgrade it to something like an Aprilaire 2200 or 5000. That would be an upgrade. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Why not use a 24 x 15 piece of plywood. They are 100% efficient. Nothing gets through.

Reply to
Zyp