Can you explain this to me?

In our business we use 12 chest type freezers. The freezers go in and out of service once or twice a year. Occasionally when a freezer sets two, three or four months and we put it back in service, it will not get cold enough. The problem is low freon.
What causes freezers to leak when they sets unused?
Mikek
Just a SWAG, possibly seals not being lubricated. Are they semi hermetic compressors? . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
On 5/30/2013 3:11 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
> In our business we use 12 chest type freezers. > The freezers go in and out of service once or twice a year. > Occasionally when a freezer sets two, three or four months and we put > it back in service, it will not get cold enough. > The problem is low freon. > > What causes freezers to leak when they sets unused? > > Mikek

Hmm, I don't think so, these are just your standard Kenmore 25cuft chest freezer you would have at home. So I think they would be hermetic compressors. There is one Frigidaire that always runs about 10* F warmer than the rest (but has since new).

It would be nice that you tell us what type freezer what temperature range Properly seal unit should not need refrigerant for years or ever. What you have either on manufacture side or service side none qualified people working on those freezers, Hermetically seal units such as small freezers should not have any valves on the system what so ever, after service is completed and check, process line is pinched off and brazed no leaks until some failure occur!!!