Apartment Furnace Options

Page 1 of 2
Hey ....
I own a building that has three apartments in it and currently uses steam heat....COSTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wanted some options so that I could install let's say a small furnace in every apartment. No, baseboard heating is not an option since I would need to upgrade ALL of the wiring.
Any suggestions?

need
Call someone out to give you options and quotes.

Your options are given by the building. You really need a pair of eyes to look this over in person to discuss options. A fact finding mission you CAN do (if possible) is to find similar buildings up or down the street like yours and see what has worked/not worked for them.
-zero
Check out The Wall at www.heatinghelp.com There are a number of contractors hanging out there who are very good with steam.

I would have made a good Pope.
-Richard Nixon

Look at the steam vent and if you see steam imagine it as dollar bills floating off into heaven. Then if you see steam coming from the vent replace the bad steam traps and you will see the cost come down.
Get a gas meter hung for each apartment, let them pay for the gas and rental of a heater. Have your local utility install a combo unit, that will heat domestic hot water as well feed into an airhandler. Each apartment would have it's own duct system, water heater and air handler. Each apartment could pay their own bill. Or if they are small bachelor style apartments, gas fireplaces might be all you need.
I like the first option, if it's an open concept style condo. Use round duct paint it, looks sharp. A cool industrial decor :)
-Canadian Heat
Need to get three or four local heating and aC companies out to look. I've heard of this kind of situation. there are an assortment of answers.
One option to consider is to put a furnace in each unit. That would require gas, electric, and ducting.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

I've known folks who have used the ventless heaters, and been very pleased with them. Y'welcome.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

If nothing else, your humidity will likely rise so high that it fucking rains all the time.
On the inside of the structure.

If the structure is that tight, it won't matter...
...as you won't be around long to be miserable.
On Feb 7, 11:51 am, "Stormin Mormon" <cayoung61-

Too bad you don't own one

LMAO...

So you just want someone on Usenet to validate your own preconceived idea? Why didn't you just say so? That should not be a problem between a few posters here and quite a few over at alt.home.repair.
-zero
ouch! you should just agree with these clowns, then do what I say...
HAHAHA
Less reading for everyone :)
-Canadian Heat

electric
If you go this way... you don't care about the people that live there!!!!!!
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

What about direct vent heaters? They are legal even in California for residential use and the vent goes right through the outside wall that the heater mounts on.
--
Remove the TOS star ship captain to reply.

there!!!!!!
They are venting the gases from combustion to the outside of your home... so, yes.

You would have to check with your local authorities.

I think those ventless heats were invented in aushwitz