air bubbles in furnace

I have an oil fed forced hot air heating system with the oil tank outside under the porch . Since I moved in 13 years ago, I would get air into the furnace and have to bleed it due to the heat shutting off. This would happen only once every year and had no correlation to the tank being filled, nor to the approximate level of oil in the tank ( it's a side-lying tank with no gauge). The problem continued even when I replaced the furnace 8 years ago and the hvac repair man hasn't found any loose connections inside. Does anyone have any idea why this would happen with such regularity and infrequency? Would a 2 line system help in this case? My major concern is freezing pipes,etc if I were to go away for several days in the winter.
On 27 Mar 2007 04:20:59 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

You replaced the furnace because of air in the line? You should have replaced the thermostat. Bubba

I replaced the furnace due to it's age (?80 years). And what does the thermostat have to do with air bubbles in the fuel line?
On 27 Mar 2007 06:02:08 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Because its the thermostat. Its almost always the thermostat. You'll see. Bubba
Thermostat has nothing to do with it. You have a vacuum leak in the line somewhere.
I doubt that oil lines contain a vacuum. However, they may contain fuel oil at lower pressure than atmospheric.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Definitely a vacuum.
How many microns?
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Tiny bubbles in the wine Tiny bubbles, make me feel fine....
was that Don Ho?
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

No, but his wife was....
--
Respectfully, Bob

RLMAO :o)
wrote

Bob_Loblaw wrote:

Ya got me on that one! BWAAAAAAAAA

Actually, I did change the thermostat when I bought a programmable one. And I would still have the problem once every year. And not when I first call for heat. Sometimes there would be an air bubble a month into heating season.
On 28 Mar 2007 04:14:43 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

You should never rule out the al mighty thermostat. You probably just got a bad one. Replace it again. Its almost always the thermostat. Bubba
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Your oil line is farting so therefore needs an enema.
You have an air leak in your supply piping. Get rid of any compression fittings and use flares. Pressure test as much of the lines as possible and you'll likely find the leak quickly.
A 2 line system may exacerbate the problem rather than help it. There are many reasons to NOT use a 2 line system. Not really any good ones to use it.
On 27 Mar 2007 04:20:59 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

--
Even Murphy\'s Law doesn\'t work all the
time.

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

You need a Bubble-Booster