air bubbles in furnace

I have an oil fed forced hot air heating system with the oil tank outside under the porch . Since I moved in 13 years ago, I would get air into the furnace and have to bleed it due to the heat shutting off. This would happen only once every year and had no correlation to the tank being filled, nor to the approximate level of oil in the tank ( it's a side-lying tank with no gauge). The problem continued even when I replaced the furnace 8 years ago and the hvac repair man hasn't found any loose connections inside. Does anyone have any idea why this would happen with such regularity and infrequency? Would a 2 line system help in this case? My major concern is freezing pipes,etc if I were to go away for several days in the winter.

Reply to
lxhop

You replaced the furnace because of air in the line? You should have replaced the thermostat. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

I replaced the furnace due to it's age (?80 years). And what does the thermostat have to do with air bubbles in the fuel line?

Reply to
lxhop

You have an air leak in your supply piping. Get rid of any compression fittings and use flares. Pressure test as much of the lines as possible and you'll likely find the leak quickly.

A 2 l>I have an oil fed forced hot air heating system with the oil tank

Reply to
Steve Scott

Steve hit it right on the head

Reply to
daytona°

Because its the thermostat. Its almost always the thermostat. You'll see. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Thermostat has nothing to do with it. You have a vacuum leak in the line somewhere.

Reply to
baymee

Bubbles in the wine barrel................

Reply to
daytona°

You need a Bubble-Booster®

Reply to
Tekkie®

I doubt that oil lines contain a vacuum. However, they may contain fuel oil at lower pressure than atmospheric.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Tiny bubbles in the wine Tiny bubbles, make me feel fine....

was that Don Ho?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"Stormin Mormon" wrote

No, but his wife was....

Reply to
Bob_Loblaw

Definitely a vacuum.

Reply to
baymee

Actually, I did change the thermostat when I bought a programmable one. And I would still have the problem once every year. And not when I first call for heat. Sometimes there would be an air bubble a month into heating season.

Reply to
lxhop

RLMAO :o)

Reply to
daytona°

You should never rule out the al mighty thermostat. You probably just got a bad one. Replace it again. Its almost always the thermostat. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Ya got me on that one! BWAAAAAAAAA

Reply to
Tekkie®

Your oil line is farting so therefore needs an enema.

Reply to
Tekkie®

How many microns?

Reply to