A/C Not Working

My house in Maryland has two-zone heating/cooling.
Upstairs is heat pump for both heating and cooling.
Basement and first floor are heated by oil furnace, and cooled with air conditioner.
The basement/first floor A/C compressor is running, but the blower motor is not running, and I noticed ice buildup and liquid condensate on the coil just outside the air handler in the basement.
Last winter, the oil company that maintains my furnace replaced the controller which they said is used for both heating and cooling, so I thought I'd call them first in the morning, in case it's the controller and it's covered under warranty.
I'd rather call a HVAC company that doesn't specialize in oil furnaces if the problem is probably not the controller.
I posted in alt.home.repair and have been suggested it could be I'm low on refrigerant/leak (based on the ice on the coil), or since the blower is not working, it could be the controller, a bearing or the motor.
What do the wise folks of alt.hvac think?

I think the folks over at alt.home.repair don't know shit about your equipment or problem!
First, you *can not* check the refrigerant level on a unit with a faulty "not running" blower motor! Nor could you say "it's probably low on refrigerant" due to an icy coil.
The evaporator is freezing up because the blower *isn't* running, Period!
Could the controller be the source of the problem, could be.
But, I ask you this... *why* would you want to call an HVAC company that *doesn't* specialize in oil furnaces??? Why not have one company that *is* familiar with your equipment, service it???
KJPRO wrote:

Hell;
Call back the company that repaired the furance recently and have them check out their mistake. I'm thinking they forgot to hook up the high speed motor wire, [or it came loose.]
--
Zyp

to confirm the issue.

When they replaced the controller unit last winter, they miswired the cooling circuit. Warranty covered the visit, and the tech corrected the wiring in two minutes.

There ya have it... it all worked out well.
Call Burch Oil