Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Building systems information
This is an interesting and informative information only website which presents building mechanical systems information in a straightforward and easily understood manner.
1
1

OT fuel prices and the economy
Please forward this on to anybody and everybody that you think might be able to make a difference. BTW.. for those who don't think what I wrote is true, check your balance sheets over the last...
8
8

fittings for a diy adsorption unit
howdy. I'm building an an experimental adsorption chiller, and am looking for some feedback on my hardware choices. It is not experimental in that it is new to the world, but just new to me. The...

Water in duct work.
------------------------------------- Thanks for taking the time to read this. I hear 1 drip about every second in my floor duct for my mobile home. I'm fairly sure it's not just condensation...
1
1

Appropriate Temperature Differential for Attic Fan
If an attic fan is properly sized, and properly installed, what should be the temperature differential between the outside air temperature and the attic temperature, while the fan is running? Assume...
6
6

source for discontinued CE or CBE model fans?
Can someone recommend a vendor who stocks parts for discontinued CE or CBE model fans? The blower wheel whose pictures I posted a few weeks ago apparently is from a CE or CBE model. nish
1
1

Attic Fan With Separate Automatic and Always On Settings
I am looking for a gable attic fan that can be wired to a wall switch and has three modes: 1) Always on 2) Automatic on depending on inside temperature reaching some threshold. 3) Always off Ideally I...
1
1

ComfortMaker versys Frigidaire
I'm going to replace my heat pump (2 /12 ton, split system). I've gotten = bids from two local (central Florida) installers who have comparable BBB = records and similar recommendations from...
21
21

Essential Viewing - 86 Hours No Sleep or Food - 200km Walk
The most elite police unit in the world...

Finding New Fan Blade for Pasco D119 Motor
I'm hoping someone might have an idea on finding a replacement for a fan blade. We have a rooftop fan that failed, and unfortunately the make and model of that fan assembly have been covered up by...

Restaurant reach in cooler
Last couple days, I've had the chance to work on a reach in cooler, at a restaurant. Under a counter. The old guy who runs the place says it needs freon every six months. The aluminum evaporator...
23
23

Geothermal system and sinkholes
When I had my home built 8 years ago, I installed a geothermal heating/ cooling system. It is a vertical system with 3 wells although I am unsure which are supply and which are return wells. I have...
5
5

High eff furnace vent
------------------------------------- Should the PVC intake and exhast lines for my hi-eff furnace have screens over them, or will it effect the air flow. What stops birds from building a nest in...
2
2

new Geothermal heating/AC considered
------------------------------------- well water which means I am less likely to run my well down or create problems for the neighbors. As an odd side note, the distributor would not tell us what size...
4
4

Majority of heat from a flame is convective -- not radiant -- that is why flames are hottest on top.
On Sep 29, 7:02 pm, "old and grunpy" wrote in : messagenews: messagenews: Fire consists of hot gases that move upwards. If it were radiant heat, then the heat would not specifically move away from the...
7
7