Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Freon price roller coaster
Does 409 and FX16 throw off the pressure readings any when added to an R12 system that still has some R12 in it ?
1
1

Sizing a hot water circulator
I have a 35 GPM Indirect Hot Water Tank and I'd like to select the correct circulator for it. The tank itself has a pressure drop of 17.2 psi. The distance to the furthest unit is 150 feet away from...
1
1

recommendation for refrigeration roof-top a/c ?
Desert home (~1500 ft=B2) needs refrigeration to replace swampcooler over livingroom. Does anyone have a rooftop self-contained referigeration- cooling recommendation? Many Thanks, JP
4
4

so who here is epa section 608 phase I,II or III certified????
I know I am not, but I was wonder who was and how hard the tests were... thanks in advance.
14
14

35 SUPER Everhot tank
My question is the hot water circulator for the 35 SUPER tank (tank rated @35 gal/min) should be as close to 35 gal/min or can I use a 22 gal/min circulator?

OT, Can You Tell?

btu per sq foot
Can someone tell me a good place to find a BTU calculator? I am calculating for a ductless heat pump for several rooms. Thanks Jean
3
3

Mitsubishi Air Conditioner
Hi, I am looking for which ductless splitter system we most likely need and best place to buy a Mr Slim mini split. But not sure exactly what direction to go and where is best price to shop if we...
16
16

Your Letter is on the Way:
Lay Off Letter Little wonder why this guy is boss. He is sharp! You can't be any fairer than this leader... Dear Employees: As the CEO of this organization, I have resigned myself to the fact that...

Hot water goes cold then hot
I have a two stage Burnham boiler (160F/180F) with an Everhot indirect (coil based) hot water tank. There are separate circulators for the heat (Bell & Gossett) (fhw) and the hot water (Taco F5)....
1
1

spring has sprung
Dumped 600 postcards in the mail on Friday, and now I'm booked up for the next 2 weeks, and the phone keeps ringing. :-) Afternoon temps are running 80F - 85F. Gonna be in for a long hot summer....
11
11

Hydrotherm boiler pressure steadily rises
I have a Hydrotherm two stage Boiler, with a 15psi Watts feeder to the boiler and an Everhot indirect water tank feeding domestic water via coil. There is a steel expansion tank, probably a 30 gallon...
1
1

Why didn't I think of this ?
Here's what we SHOULD have done : a cute 13 year old girl. Have rich parents who indulge you. Have them pay a professional to make a video of the lame-assed song you wrote. Have it go viral on the...
1
1

Easy, Safe & Permanent Swamp Cooler Pan Repair
I have seen several threads on this informative hub regarding Swamp Cooler Pan Repair - Issue: As the swamp cooler ages, the pan that holds the water may deteriorate, become rusty and develop small...
8
8

I need more hot water
Actually this is more of a question as to why my gas fired furnace with domestic hot water core seems to run out or at least to warm (instead of hot) before the furnace kicks on and brings it back to...