Zuchinni - how long to leave on vine?

More n00b questions :-) My zuchinni developed the first female blossom 3 days ago. There were no males open, so I don't know if it got fertilized or not. 3 days later it's not that big. Should I just pick it and toss it? How long should I want from blossom time till I give up on it? It looks like tomorrow an male and a female will both be open, so I'm thinking of picking this one and tossing it so the plant can spend it's strength on the new ones.

Reply to
Matthew Reed

Pick it and eat it. Teeny baby veggies were very trendy a few years back. I try to pick mine when they are really small (but some manage to escape notice).

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

They taste better if you charge yourself $4.99 per lb for them.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I would toss it. We pick them when they're about 8" long and the seeds are still tender. For frying we let them reach 12" or more.

Reply to
Mindful