Zuchinni - how long to leave on vine?

More n00b questions :-) My zuchinni developed the first female blossom 3 days ago. There were no males open, so I don't know if it got fertilized or not. 3 days later it's not that big. Should I just pick it and toss it? How long should I want from blossom time till I give up on it? It looks like tomorrow an male and a female will both be open, so I'm thinking of picking this one and tossing it so the plant can spend it's strength on the new ones.
Matthew Reed said:

Pick it and eat it. Teeny baby veggies were very trendy a few years back. I try to pick mine when they are really small (but some manage to escape notice).

They taste better if you charge yourself $4.99 per lb for them.
"Matthew Reed" <nospam at zootal dot com nospam> wrote in message

I would toss it. We pick them when they're about 8" long and the seeds are still tender. For frying we let them reach 12" or more.