zinnia diseases

My zinnia saplings are affected by a disease. The top leaves have become curly and distorted. No pests/organisms are seen even when seen with a magnifying glass. There have been no improvement even on spraying systemic insecticide. The top of plants were cut yet the new growth again appears to be curly. Has any one faced this problem? Do suggest a remedial action.
In article

Systemic insecticide for a Zinnia ? I could see a tree peony but an annual ? Since this appears to be your first post I'd say you are a bit crazy. Not a bad thing but insane came to mind first. Rip then out improve the soil and get back.
<http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/hortanswers/plantdetail.cfm?PlantIDw2&Pla ntTypeID=1>
Bill
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA