Yet another Iris question

Hi! My irises stayed green last fall when we moved here, but after a summer of 100 degree weather, this fall they're brown and ugly. Can I cut them back to ground level without killing them?
Nancy in SW Idaho
Hi Nancy,
From my experiences with Iris, nothing you can do will kill them:) I've even dug up some intending to transplant, then forgot about them for several months. Lo and behold, they planted themselves back in the ground and bloomed just like they always have:)
Angie

Okay, two opinions. I'm going to try both, since I have way too many irisies, anyway. Thank you!