Yellow flower comes out at sunset?

A friend gave me a plant which produces many yellow single cup shaped flowers at every sunset . The flowers fade very quickly lasting only one night but they are replaced with a new crop at every sunset. I live in the North East of England. Can anybody tell me the name of this plant please? Thank you Tom

Reply to
tomstorey

bamboo

In message , snipped-for-privacy@postmaster.co.uk writes

Try Evening Primrose, Oenothera section Oenothera - there's maybe half a dozen species that you might have.

Reply to
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Possibly four o'clock, aka mirabilib, marvel of peru.

Reply to
Zootal

I provided enough information for you to suggest a name and I now know that name is the flower in my garden. Your help is welcomed but you can keep your sarcasm.

snipped-for-privacy@localnet.com wrote:

Reply to
tomstorey

Thanks Stewart, Evening primrose it is and I have now seen good photos of it on the net. Tom

Reply to
tomstorey

Reply to
bamboo