Yellow flower comes out at sunset?

A friend gave me a plant which produces many yellow single cup shaped flowers at every sunset . The flowers fade very quickly lasting only one night but they are replaced with a new crop at every sunset. I live in the North East of England. Can anybody tell me the name of this plant please? Thank you Tom
You have provided almost as much information as the person asking what size tires go on a blue car. However, try searching "Evening Primrose" and see what pops up snipped-for-privacy@postmaster.co.uk wrote:

I provided enough information for you to suggest a name and I now know that name is the flower in my garden. Your help is welcomed but you can keep your sarcasm.
snipped-for-privacy@localnet.com wrote:

I shall keep my sarcasm and you may retain your effulgent descriptions. Nice to have hit the ID . snipped-for-privacy@postmaster.co.uk wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@postmaster.co.uk writes

Try Evening Primrose, Oenothera section Oenothera - there's maybe half a dozen species that you might have.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Thanks Stewart, Evening primrose it is and I have now seen good photos of it on the net. Tom
Possibly four o'clock, aka mirabilib, marvel of peru.
http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/extension/newsletters/hortupdate/jul03/art7jul.html

Thank you Zootal. Tom