Wistera problem

My wisteria planted four years ago.Which this year has produce flower buds and were just begining to open when the buds and new leaves have suddenly started to wilt and die.I can't see any insects.Anybody notice the same problem with their wisteria.Location Dorset.Any advice greatly appreciated.
--
renedrag

On 4/8/12 4:50 AM, renedrag wrote:

Wisteria is sensitive to exessively wet soil. It needs very good drainage.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see
On 08/04/2012 12:50, renedrag wrote:

If it is a grafted wisteria then graft failure is not uncommon. Just wait and see what happens next year.
--

Jeff

Wisteria problem caused by lack of moisture, fluctuating growing conditions, frost or wind damage at any time between bud formation until flowering. Ensuring plants are healthy and not stressed will go some way in minimising weather damage. Watering, feeding, mulching and '*plant care*' (http://tinyurl.com/7ko3e7v ) will keep plants healthy, and also pay attention to soil health.
--
allen73