winter brook flowers

I'm a graphic design student looking for some advice if anyone can help. I am looking for some examples of winter flowering plants that might be found (in the UK) next to (or in) running water? These are the only criteria! I realise it's not directly pond related but any advice would be gratefully received.
Many thanks...