will sapling recover?

Some critter ate the leaves off a sapling I planted last fall. Will the tree recover, or do I need to replace it?
Alan

** Please use address alanh77[at]comccast.net to reply via e-mail. **

It will most likely recover. Give it some time.
I think a lot depends on what kind of tree it was, but odds are in your favor as long as the cambium is not hurt.
About 1 week ago I had a huge oak tree uproot and fall on a nice Crepe myrtle which had about a 3" diam trunk. It broke it off about 1 foot above the ground, but badly scarred the rest of the trees trucnk. I decided to cut it flush with the ground as I gave it little chance of amounting to anything again as even the roots etc got torn up pretty bad. Well against advice given to me by the better half, I cut it as close to the ground so it was not a stumbling obstacle , and bigger than life yesterday I looked at it and it has new shoots growing about 1" long already out of that stump......So don;t give up on a leafless sapling...... Visit my website: http://www.frugalmachinist.com Opinions expressed are those of my wifes, I had no input whatsoever. Remove "nospam" from email addy.