white pine weevils

Hello, What are you guys using to spray for white pine weevils I've got about 20 white pines that are starting to ooze, so I know the weevils are there. I could use merit, but that causes mites and would take a while to work. I need to spray now. Brand names would be great. Thanks.

Take a picture so you can remember them when they are gone.
I did find a product called Cygon (Dimethoate), but it looks really dangerous to apply. Apparently, this is the only product certified for white pine weevils.

I would be really surprised if you were able to find cygon anywhere. Chemical applications are not going to be effective unless the adults are on the plants. It would be best to apply imidicloprid in the fall so it has time to translocate through the entire plant before spring.
Toad
Probably too late if the tips are pitching out. Cygon, lindane, dursban will all work...nit sure any of that stuff is labeled where you are.
--
Mike LaMana, MS, CTE
Consulting Forester & Arborist