When do I spray the fruit trees?

Page 3 of 4
http://www.warresisters.org/piechart.htm http://www.fcnl.org/issues/mil/sup/military_federal-taxes-FY02.htm http://www.baltimorechronicle.com/taxes_may01.html I thought I had included at least the first link. Ingrid
April <invalid> wrote:

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 15:53:29 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.xx.com wrote:

Good Grief. Pass the Scotch.
snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.xx.com wrote:

Well, Ingrid, t looks like your liberal network has just been kicked off two of its four stations (Chicago and Los Angeles) because it ran out of money. Why don't you make a donation?
Bwaahahahahahahahahaha
of course, it isnt true ... just another drug induced confabulation of Lush Rambo. http://www.airamericaradio.com/pub/resNews.htm Ingrid

snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.xx.com expounded:

Well, yes, it is true, Ingrid. They were kicked off the air.
--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA

Well, no, they are still on satellite radio, which very soon, will be the way most people will listen to the radio. The junkie people listen to on a daily basis has nothing to add to anyone's life outside of his own.

:::sigh:::
Yes, they were kicked off the air in Chicago and LA, two of their largest markets, in a contract dispute. I don't think they're back on yet there.
As for satellite radio, there's no way I'm paying for radio, it's bad enough what I pay in cable bills. I don't think satellite radio is going to do as well as you think. And the satellite TVs aren't any better around here for good packages and local channels.
--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA

I've had a big dish for 11 years and now we also have a little dish. There are many millions of people who prefer the little dish as it is superior to cable and priced similarly.
I will pay to listen to satellite radio because I'm sick of the government of a country which supports free speech in the First Amendment, yet fines people for violation of their own rights based on what "they" consider out of line. If I think someone is out of line, I change the station. I suppose many dullards can't simply do that, so they ruin it for everyone.
So, I absolutely pay for satellite radio when the time comes.
I would never listen to Howard Stern or that ilk, but I am incensed that a few people in government are going to tell us what is "good" for us. And after all, freedom of speech is one of the freedoms our children are dying for in other countries. How dare we limit it in the US. Ingrid

I listen to Howard now and then, but used to listen daily. I am disgusted at this point. Not at Howard, but at the priorities in this country. Put Tommy Chong in jail for selling a bong.
On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 13:22:11 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.xx.com opined:

they are back on, they settled the contract dispute. they are also going to be on dish network .. which is my TV carrier. So far I really like the streaming video off of broadband. Ingrid

Any chance you heard of them being DirecTV? If not, we plan to buy the satellite radio, anyway.
On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 12:44:47 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.xx.com opined:

well they are streaming radio on the web. works great with broadband.

On The Air New York City - WLIB 1190 Los Angeles - KBLA 1580 Chicago - WNTD 950 Minneapolis - WMNN 1330 Portland, OR - KPOJ 620 Riverside, CA - KCAA 1050 West Palm Beach, FL - WJNO 1290 Plattsburgh/Burlington - WTWK 1070 Key West, FL - WKIZ 1500 XM Satellite Radio - 167
Coming Soon San Francisco/San Jose - KVVN 1430 San Francisco/Berkeley - KVTO 1400 Sacramento, CA Colorado Springs, Co Portland, ME Santa Fe, NM Boulder, CO Sirius Satellite Radio Dish Network
Yes, I listen to their streaming audio, but I'm not always sitting in the office. We are going to buy an XM radio. I want them to be more than just a few generations down the manufacturing line. There are still kinks to work out with the technology.
I'm pleased to hear the breath of fresh air.
On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 01:21:04 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.xx.com opined:

Air America Back on Radio in Chicago, Los Angeles Thu Apr 15, 7:56 PM ET
NEW YORK (Reuters) - A New York judge ordered the owner of two radio stations on Thursday to put the 2-week-old, liberal radio network known as Air America back on the air.

MultiCultural Radio Broadcasting Inc, which owns radio stations in Chicago and Los Angeles, pulled the plug on Air America on Wednesday. MultiCultural's owner, Arthur Liu, told the Chicago Tribune the radio network "bounced a check" and was in default.
Air America, which leases radio stations in 16 cities, filed a complaint in New York State Supreme Court demanding it be restored to the air and compensated.
Judge Marilyn Diamond issued a temporary restraining order on the condition that Air America post a $156,000 bond. The judge will hold a hearing on the dispute on Monday.
"We won the first round. We'll be back on the air sometime before the end of the day on Friday," Air America Chairman Evan Cohen said.
Liu did not return calls seeking comment.
"Arthur Liu received a clear message in court," Cohen said. "Temper tantrums are not the way to conduct business."
Cohen said he purchased two months of airtime on KBLA in Santa Monica, California, before Air America's March 31 launch, but the station owner resold the time to a Spanish-language programer.
Cohen said the two sides had been in discussions until Tuesday, when talks broke down and the station owner locked out Air America employees from KBLA and Chicago's WNTD.
Air America, which features a program hosted by comedian Al Franken, was launched to counter right-wing hosts who dominate daytime talk radio. Los Angeles and Chicago were two of Air America's largest markets.
it was not true that they "ran out of money" nor that they were "kicked off the air". they got into a contract dispute and the station owners stopped transmission. The use of pejorative phrases by Lush Rambo et al doesnt change the facts. Ingrid

I did hear our friendly drug addict just yesterday thanking his fans, profusely, for being "there" for him over the last 15 and a half (can't forget the half) years. He, Hannity and the other O' talk about the "lib" network as if it's not being heard by anyone! Oh well. They say Franken is in denial. Denial of what, I wonder. Does Al Franken have a drug problem?
On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 12:46:59 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.xx.com opined:

escapee wrote:

A perfect example of why liberals are morally bankrupt. A few minutes ago you lamented Tommy Chong's being arrested for selling a bong, thereby implying that smoking illegal herbs was somehow OK. Now you imply that Rush Limbaugh, who had a problem with prescription drugs, is unfit to be on the air. Are you saying drugs are fine if Tommy Chong partakes, but bad if Limbaugh does?
I don't know whether or not you have a drug problem, but you sure do have a credibility problem.

Rush Limbaugh: "And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up." -- Rush Limbaugh show, Oct. 5, 1995
Rush Limbaugh's attorneys: Drug addicts ought to be accused, enter a plea bargain and get sent off to a nice friendly treatment center (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2001842882 _rush24.html)
So, V the truth of the matter is, you're probably not so much morally bankrupt, as financially indisposed to afford lawyers who can talk out of your ass for you.
cacahuates, as 'perfect examples' go, I suppose you are Right. Selling drug paraphenalia that could be used to 'get high' IS the same as lying to support a perscription drug addiction. Yessiree, it's exactly the same. Certainly, it is 'morally' 'wrong', or wait, did I get 'morally' confused with 'legally' again? oh, well, these days they should be pretty much the same.
P.S. If I offered to sell a gun to a veteran, does that mean I'm implying that killing people is okay? I just want to know, I wouldn't want to do something that is morally bankrupt and I'm obviously not good at thinking for myself.

Now, just.....how.....is selling a gun to a veteran implying that killing people is OK? Where is *that* connection coming from? It isn't immoral for veterans to own guns, nor have all veterans killed anyone while in our (your!) service. You've proven your last phrase, unfortunately.
--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA