When do I spray the fruit trees?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Unfortunately, I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the endorsements or recommendations I make.

Reply to
dr-solo

I would rather see Al Sharpton be the president than that idiot who didn't answer one question last night without that dumb smirk on his face.

I never said Kerry was the answer, but certainly 4 more years with this administration and we will be a very broken nation, IMO. It's just an opinion.

Reply to
escapee

Well, Ingrid, t looks like your liberal network has just been kicked off two of its four stations (Chicago and Los Angeles) because it ran out of money. Why don't you make a donation?

Bwaahahahahahahahahaha

Reply to
cacahuate

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Unfortunately, I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the endorsements or recommendations I make.

Reply to
dr-solo

snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.xx.com expounded:

Well, yes, it is true, Ingrid. They were kicked off the air.

Reply to
Ann

Well, no, they are still on satellite radio, which very soon, will be the way most people will listen to the radio. The junkie people listen to on a daily basis has nothing to add to anyone's life outside of his own.

Reply to
escapee

escapee expounded:

:::sigh:::

Yes, they were kicked off the air in Chicago and LA, two of their largest markets, in a contract dispute. I don't think they're back on yet there.

As for satellite radio, there's no way I'm paying for radio, it's bad enough what I pay in cable bills. I don't think satellite radio is going to do as well as you think. And the satellite TVs aren't any better around here for good packages and local channels.

Reply to
Ann

I've had a big dish for 11 years and now we also have a little dish. There are many millions of people who prefer the little dish as it is superior to cable and priced similarly.

I will pay to listen to satellite radio because I'm sick of the government of a country which supports free speech in the First Amendment, yet fines people for violation of their own rights based on what "they" consider out of line. If I think someone is out of line, I change the station. I suppose many dullards can't simply do that, so they ruin it for everyone.

So, I absolutely pay for satellite radio when the time comes.

Reply to
escapee

[...]

Air America Back on Radio in Chicago, Los Angeles Thu Apr 15, 7:56 PM ET

NEW YORK (Reuters) - A New York judge ordered the owner of two radio stations on Thursday to put the 2-week-old, liberal radio network known as Air America back on the air.

MultiCultural Radio Broadcasting Inc, which owns radio stations in Chicago and Los Angeles, pulled the plug on Air America on Wednesday. MultiCultural's owner, Arthur Liu, told the Chicago Tribune the radio network "bounced a check" and was in default.

Air America, which leases radio stations in 16 cities, filed a complaint in New York State Supreme Court demanding it be restored to the air and compensated.

Judge Marilyn Diamond issued a temporary restraining order on the condition that Air America post a $156,000 bond. The judge will hold a hearing on the dispute on Monday.

"We won the first round. We'll be back on the air sometime before the end of the day on Friday," Air America Chairman Evan Cohen said.

Liu did not return calls seeking comment.

"Arthur Liu received a clear message in court," Cohen said. "Temper tantrums are not the way to conduct business."

Cohen said he purchased two months of airtime on KBLA in Santa Monica, California, before Air America's March 31 launch, but the station owner resold the time to a Spanish-language programer.

Cohen said the two sides had been in discussions until Tuesday, when talks broke down and the station owner locked out Air America employees from KBLA and Chicago's WNTD.

Air America, which features a program hosted by comedian Al Franken, was launched to counter right-wing hosts who dominate daytime talk radio. Los Angeles and Chicago were two of Air America's largest markets.

Reply to
TOM KAN PA

Any chance you heard of them being DirecTV? If not, we plan to buy the satellite radio, anyway.

Reply to
escapee

I did hear our friendly drug addict just yesterday thanking his fans, profusely, for being "there" for him over the last 15 and a half (can't forget the half) years. He, Hannity and the other O' talk about the "lib" network as if it's not being heard by anyone! Oh well. They say Franken is in denial. Denial of what, I wonder. Does Al Franken have a drug problem?

Reply to
escapee

I listen to Howard now and then, but used to listen daily. I am disgusted at this point. Not at Howard, but at the priorities in this country. Put Tommy Chong in jail for selling a bong.

Reply to
escapee

A perfect example of why liberals are morally bankrupt. A few minutes ago you lamented Tommy Chong's being arrested for selling a bong, thereby implying that smoking illegal herbs was somehow OK. Now you imply that Rush Limbaugh, who had a problem with prescription drugs, is unfit to be on the air. Are you saying drugs are fine if Tommy Chong partakes, but bad if Limbaugh does?

I don't know whether or not you have a drug problem, but you sure do have a credibility problem.

Reply to
cacahuates

cacahuates wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@dot.com:

Rush Limbaugh: "And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up." -- Rush Limbaugh show, Oct. 5, 1995

Rush Limbaugh's attorneys: Drug addicts ought to be accused, enter a plea bargain and get sent off to a nice friendly treatment center

So, V the truth of the matter is, you're probably not so much morally bankrupt, as financially indisposed to afford lawyers who can talk out of your ass for you.

cacahuates, as 'perfect examples' go, I suppose you are Right. Selling drug paraphenalia that could be used to 'get high' IS the same as lying to support a perscription drug addiction. Yessiree, it's exactly the same. Certainly, it is 'morally' 'wrong', or wait, did I get 'morally' confused with 'legally' again? oh, well, these days they should be pretty much the same.

P.S. If I offered to sell a gun to a veteran, does that mean I'm implying that killing people is okay? I just want to know, I wouldn't want to do something that is morally bankrupt and I'm obviously not good at thinking for myself.

Reply to
Salty Thumb

A perfect example of why conservatives are morally bankrupt! Tommy gets thrown in jail for selling bongs on the web, not for using drugs. That ugly-ass creepy Rushies Bum advocates year in, year out how drug users should be THROWN IN JAIL for long periods of time & when it turns out HE'S the drug addict in the room, is he hoping to be locked up?

The liberal morality is this: Drug addiction is either a leisure activity or a disease, & neither of these shouldbe criminalized. Rush is a big fat liar & a drug addicted piece of white trash, but he like any other addict should either be left alone to further destroy his health as he desires, or he should be permitted medical treatment AS an addict. But since HE advocated the imprisonment of addicts, liberals can't help but notice the profound bankruptcy of the man's philosophy, morality, & the irony that he should be the one who needs to be imprisoned, by his own ideal, though suddenly he exempts himself.

Neither Tommy -- a creative, funny, decent soul who would never hurt anybody -- NOR that filthy piece of shit Rushes Bum -- should be tossed in jail for drug charges. It's a perfect example of the INjustice system that someone who is so seriously addicted he destroyed his hearing with drugs gets away with it while advocating all kinds of monstrous destructive things AND comparing the Clinton's daughter to a cocker spaniel, but the innocuous self-depricating humorist who never hurt anyone gets tossed in jail over bongs.

That conservatives can't even acknowledge the injustice shows their inability to even understand the meaning of justice. That Rush's personal hypocrisy & moral bankruptcy is likewise invisible to the type of conservative who can stand the sight, sound, & stink of the Rushes' Bum, shows their own moral bankruptcy. Furthermore, Franken is funny, Rush is not, & Franken has expressed only sympathy for the big fat liar turning out to be a drug addict & quite rightly doesn't thjink EITHER Truthful Tommy OR the big fat liar should be imprisoned. It remains too damned bad that only the good guy was taken down by the law.

-paghat the ratgirl

Reply to
paghat

On The Air New York City - WLIB 1190 Los Angeles - KBLA 1580 Chicago - WNTD 950 Minneapolis - WMNN 1330 Portland, OR - KPOJ 620 Riverside, CA - KCAA 1050 West Palm Beach, FL - WJNO 1290 Plattsburgh/Burlington - WTWK 1070 Key West, FL - WKIZ 1500 XM Satellite Radio - 167

Coming Soon San Francisco/San Jose - KVVN 1430 San Francisco/Berkeley - KVTO 1400 Sacramento, CA Colorado Springs, Co Portland, ME Santa Fe, NM Boulder, CO Sirius Satellite Radio Dish Network

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Unfortunately, I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the endorsements or recommendations I make.

Reply to
dr-solo

they wish. Cronkite was on. today they were talking about how right after 9/11 when stocks were tanking a money manager was explaining to american companies how to move their company headquarters off shore and do something called "flipping" whereby they could avoid paying taxes to the US. they actually had the tape. so somebody asked if this wouldnt be seen as unamerican and unsupportive of the US at this time and the money manager responded that it wasnt really a consideration. they also traced the movement of taxes from corporations and the wealthy and onto the middle class year by year. Ingrid

escapee wrote: He, Hannity and the other O' talk about the "lib" network as if it's not