What to plant in the toilet?

Page 3 of 3
If you don't get winter, you're probably OK. Otherwise, you might have to consider that the trap in the toilet will hold water and thereby be susceptible to cracking the ceramic when you get freezing temperatures.
Also, most plants' roots require air as well as water, so they need some drainage in their pots.
JJ wrote:

Winters are very mild here.
Thanks for mentioning the trap. Maybe this is my chance to try out one of my ceramic/glass drills. Or what if I just puddled some strong acid to eat out the bottom of the trap. Actually this makes me wonder what would happen if I etched away the hard smooth outer layer.
Would I then have something like a Chia toilet?
Thanks!
Jay

JJ wrote:

Not sure where I saw it, but someone sprayed his car with adhesive, then grass seed. Maybe you could use that concept.
I saw that car, it actually looked kind of neat. I believe it's here in Houston and they drive it in the art car parade every year. If I remember right the guy used some sort of silicone glue
Shell

| | Would I then have something like a Chia toilet?
FOFLMAO! Kate
| | Thanks! | | Jay | | >JJ wrote: | > | >> ...Near Vegas, zone 9ish |

I would suppose drainage holes could be drilled????? Colleen Zone 5 CT

Pee-tunias actually look good in one. Plant not only the bowl but the tank as well.

Hmmm....the tank! See this time I just have the bowl.
Oh man, I'm in trouble. Now I want a tank too!
Thanks Red!
Jay
On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 06:34:42 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@nadasppam-yahoo.com (JJ) wrote:

Stapelia gigantea would have an appropriate smell.
deg
Maidenhair fern? zemedelec
snipped-for-privacy@nadasppam-yahoo.com (JJ) wrote in

skip the planting and make it your compost pile
or if you insist, you could try cultivating a new type of dandelion.
you could name them pissentoilette
Black tomatoes!
snipped-for-privacy@nadasppam-yahoo.com (JJ) wrote in message

Somebody has done this, north of Madison Wisconsin on Highway 19.
Re: What to plant in the toilet? The obvious answer is: a "potted" plant. ;)
Ted Shoemaker