What to plant in the toilet?

Page 1 of 3
No not the one inside the house silly.
I mean a defunct one, out in the yard as a decorative accent of course. A planter, potted plant...
What plant would not only look good in the white comode but also have an inside joke or wry wit?
Hmmm...St John's Wort?
My knowledge base is small...
Jay
Near Vegas, zone 9ish
JJ wrote:

Something with obvious thorns. Something spiky. Maybe a cactus sticking straight up in the middle would make some people cringe.
Will this be an annual? Or a perennial? What zone are you in?
--
Warren H.

==========

Thanks Warren,
I generally prefer perennials and self seeding annuals.
I do have some cactus in pots that could use a change of venue. And it would work for my location, the very last line in my orginal post was "Near Vegas, zone 9ish."
Thanks
Jay
JJ asked "What plant would not only look good in the white comode but also have an inside joke or wry wit? "
I would block the outflow pipe and grow Bog plants
--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Me too. Otherwise original poster is an asshole ;) Frank
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (GrampysGurl) wrote:

See, you gals have a finely attuned sense of form, balance and style.
I am a crazy bachelor guy nicknamed the Pig.
Jay the Pig
(GrampysGurl) wrote:

And likely to stay that way from the looks of things... ;-)
--
Jacqueline
Carmichaels PA

they're not bad on a barbeque either :o) Colleen Zone 5 CT
Sheesh...me too. Pick up some porch geese with tons of "outfits" while you're at it. :::cringe:::

Don't forget the "Madonna in a Bathtub" grotto. That would coordinate nicely with the toilet. http://images.google.com/images?q thtub%20shrine&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&newwindow=1&safe=off&sa=N&tab=wi
NO HOLD ON JUST A COTTON PICKIN MINUTE!
Must I teach ya'll how to accessorize???
No toilet ensemble would be complete without...
A rusted out dead car or three in the yard with weeds growing up around the sides so thick you cant' tell what kind of car it is.
Kate
| > Sheesh...me too. Pick up some porch geese with tons of "outfits" while | > you're at it. | > :::cringe::: | > | | Don't forget the "Madonna in a Bathtub" grotto. That would coordinate | nicely with the toilet. | http://images.google.com/images?q thtub%20shrine&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&newwindow=1&safe=off&sa=N&tab=wi | |
Humankind has not woven the web of life.
We are but one thread within it.

Can't have windows either
............and if you have a tree, a chain holding a

And you forgot the broken screen door with the torn screen :)
Although I have seen a few planted toilets that looked very nice
Shell

painted tire planters are a must :o)

I can't believe people do that to the mother of God. Colleen Zone 5 CT
Mary HAD to have had a sense of humor. With Jesus as her son..? Oh yea! .. and some of us thought WE had out hands full with OUR children!
Kate

there may be something to the name. Every Andrew I know is "busy". Andrew's keep their parents thinking and on their toes, he is secretly my favorite because he is most like me. I love all 3 of my boys for different reasons, Andrew is my challenge but he is also the sweetest, kindest person I know other then my Grandfather... two peas in a pod those two are/were.Grampy and Roo would sit together for hours chatting and watching cartoons together. Grampy passed when Roo was 4 but Roo has wonderful memories to this day. Grampy is the one who introduced me to the wonders of wildlife. Colleen Zone 5 CT