What to Plant?

Last fall we moved into a new mobile home, and now we want to put in some perennials along one side. The size of the area is about 3 feet wide and 25 feet long, and it faces the southeast. I was thinking of putting some taller perennials (maybe up to 30" tall), with shorter ones in front of that and still shorter in the front.
Would anyone have any suggestions as to what we should/could put in there, with a variety of colors? We live in Zone 5b.
Thanks for your suggestions.
Carol
> Last fall we moved into a new mobile home, and now we want to put i

Hi Carol,
A 3' deep bed probably isn't deep enough for 3 layers of plants unles you stagger them. I'm not sure if a southeast exposure is full or par sun. For full sun it would need to be 6 hours or more and part sun is to 6 hours. For long bloom consider reblooming or everbloomin daylilies. To tie it all together you might want to consider edging th entire bed with something like the annual sweet alyssum. You could eve just plant them at the corners. It comes in white, lavender and think there is a rosy pink these days. They smell lovely, especiall in the evening and you can purchase an entire flat. They take a whil to germinate so you probably won't want to sow seeds at this lat date. http://tinyurl.com/52k2z http://tinyurl.com/6rvrk http://tinyurl.com/3w4fp http://www.lnla.org/misshome0311.html
Here's a site where you can put in your requirements and search fo ideas. http://tinyurl.com/5og7r
New
-- Newt