What is Your Favorite Online Nursery?

Page 2 of 2
William Wagner wrote:

Looks like they have a big inventory.. Hard to follow the site though without images of the plants.. Keep having to google the images so I can see some of the ones I'm not sure of.
Huh, never heard of Witch Hazel before and they have a whole section on it.. Will need to check into that one.. :)
All in all good for their overall stock, if even you need to do a little extra searching to see what they look like.
Can see why you bring up the catalog.
On 10/22/07 10:29 AM, in article et2Ti.6986$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews5.bellsouth.net,

I have one - it is a small shrub and has an interesting flowering habit.

I prefer to hve a catalog in my hands. Easier to browse in bed, or in the...umm....library, yea, that's it! <G> I'll order online, but give me printed material to get my order set.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

Isn't most catalog paper too slick for that:-)?
--
FB - FFF

Billy

Get up, stand up, stand up for your rights.

Forgot to mention that if you visit Fairweather gardens you may want to stop at Centerton Inn for lunch. Circa 1705 it is about 10 miles away.
http://www.centertoninn.com /
Bill
--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

In article

Another Tidbit I forgot.
Longwood Gardens may send some people over for the open houses to answer questions and local plant breeders help out too. They were there my few times I went. You miss all this online but if you are close to S. Jersey ? It may be a day trip the savings on shipping will buy you lunch and Gas.
Bill
--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

Bay Laurel nursery, Raintree for fruit trees, Jungs nursery for cold hardy, Musser Forest for very inexpensive trees and bushes, Greer Gardens for all kinds of plants but especially flowering bushes. Ingrid
On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 19:38:55 -0500, Scott Hildenbrand

Scott Hildenbrand wrote:

Thanks for all your input folks.. Quite a few good merchants you all listed and I'll surely have a ton of fun going through each to pick and choose things to buy! :)
Appreciate it greatly.