What flowers would you give someone,who a partner has left you to be with?

Page 1 of 2
Which flower variety or varieties, would you most want to (seriously or humorously) send to someone, who a loved spouse or partner of ours, has left you to be with and please say why, for any flower variety mentioned.

Daylilies. They remind us that our time can be fleeting.
eclectic wrote:

Calla lilies, like the ones on coffins.

Is it just me, or does that paragraph seem like it was written by George W. Bush?
On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 02:30:06 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"

"new-cue-lar" inserted into the garbled grammar.
"Fool me once, shame on shame on you. Fool me you can't git fooled again."
Val

even smart enough to figure out why the "accept everyone who is different" Democrats are losing their hold on the South.

Unfortunately for the fiscally responsible Republicans, the corporate theologian whackos of the Democratic party (Dixiecrats) jumped ship back in the 60's and joined the Republican party. You know. The "GOP" that freed the slaves. Now I hate to break the news to you, MFLyons, but the village idiot that presently inhabits the White House came from the North East (Sorry, North East). His family is from the North East. He was born in the North East. He attended college in the North East. His family moved to Texas because of oil. Sort of like why we are in Iraq now.
Golly, we're a long way from our topic. Guess I should start paddling.
It's been a relatively cool summer here in Northern California, not that you'd know it from the headlines stealing southern California. According to our local (NY Time owned) fish wrap, the temps here where I live have only hit 100 F once. My garden is coming in late. I'm just beginning to enjoy the tomatoes. Accordingly, I think I'll cut way back on the corn for next year. Maybe just one 4 X 4 planting and put the rest of the corn space into melons. Except for a few dent corn which I'll grow strictly as ornamentals. No "bird house gourd" next year, although as an ornamental it gives a nice jungle theme to the garden in the way it tried to take over all of its' original trellis, the box hedge behind it and the unsuspecting kumquat tree next to it, that now looks like it has be bagged and wrapped by a giant spider.
I'll probably only grow half the tomatoes next year as this year, now that I know how early and late season tomatoes grow in different areas of my garden. I didn't plant a cherry tomato this year. That won't happen again. The German Striped, "Mortgage Lifter", Carmello, and Stupice seem to be doing the best for me. The Brandywine, San Marzano, Green Zebra, and the other fancy French vines are struggling. I may have "curley - top virus in my tomatoes which may explain some of their problems. One of the paths in my garden has mixed peppers on one side and on the other, successive lines of radishes, then beans, and then tomatoes, all rather densely planted. The leaves started browning first, I think, among the beans (Fin de Bagnols, Vittoria, and Maxibels). The Fin de Bagnols were first at the beginning of the row. Then the problem spread to the Striped German tomatoes and has worked its way down the row. The bean leaves take on a leathery quality and then dry into a kind of parchment. The tomatoes leaves just dry out from the tips. Now I see that the flowers are drying out as well. It is my understanding that curly-top should spread to peppers as well but there is no sign of it.
I had hoped to plant peppers next year where the tomatoes are now but I haven't found any information on the virus' persistence in the soil. Needless to say, I wouldn't plant so densely next time.
Another experiment of mine is planting clover between the stepping stones in the garden. Hopefully, when the rainy season hits, the clover will spread out into the planting beds and give me some green manure.
I'm still waiting for any sign of a bloom on my ipomoeas (Moon Flowers).
I'm getting some bitter melons but they are still to small to harvest and I'm looking for recipes for them that I can warm-up to. Most recipes include Indian spices that I normally don't have in my cupboards. So far pickles seem like the best bet for me.
Bon apptit
--
FB - FFF

Billy

I wasn't talking about where Bush was from, Just commenting on how he is ridiculed for pronouncing "Nuclear" like we do in the South.

Oh, my bad. I thought we were talkin' about that vilanous, murderous, lying, thievin' skunk who is rumored to have stole twice as many elections as most folks think.
Curious though, none of my "southern" friends say "new-cue-lar".
Sorry for the mistake:-)
--
FB - FFF

Billy

Who gives a flying fuck? AmeriKKKa is a useless second rate nation anyhow.

So now it's not liberal verses conservative anymore but neurotics verses psychotics? Too bad we can't shovel this into the garden as an amendment.
--
FB - FFF

Billy

Or John Prescott.

Rob wrote:

Dead horse arum, smells like rotting meat and attracts flies (http://www.abc.net.au/science/news/stories/s747468.htm )

Deadly nightshade: symbol of deception & death!
Phil. wrote:

But here is another site, you may be luckier http://www.flowersonly.com/ezshopper/flomean.htm Traditional Flower Meanings
Flower     Meaning of Flower Aster     Talisman of love Begonia     A fanciful nature Carnation - red     Admiration Carnation - white     Pure and ardent love Chrysanthemum - red     I love you Chrysanthemum - white     Truth Daffodil     Regard Daisy     Innocence, gentleness Forget-me-not     True love Globe amaranth     Unfading love Hibiscus     Delicate beauty Jasmine - white     Amiability Jasmine - yellow     Modesty Larkspur     An open heart Pansy     Thoughtful recollection Primrose     Young love Rose - lavender     Love at first site Rose - orange     Desire and fascination Rose - peach     Appreciation Rose - pink     Perfect happiness Rose - red     Love and desire Rose - white     Charm and innocence Rose - yellow     Friendship Roses - white and red     Unity Rosebud     Beauty and youth Tuberose     Dangerous pleasure Tulip     You are the perfect lover Verbena     May you get your wish Violet     Modesty and simplicity

Try here: http://painting.about.com/cs/inspiration/a/symbolsflowers.htm

Not included in this list but found elsewhere LILY OF THE VALLEY: Return of happiness, purity of heart, sweetness, tears of the Virgin Mary, you've made my life complete, humility, happiness. The legend of the lily of the valley is that it sprang from Eve's tears when she was kicked out of the Garden of Eden. It is also believed that this flower protects gardens from evil spirits. Also known as the flower of May.
I wonder if that is why it grows as a weed in our garden ;-) Happiness, purity of heart, sweetness.

Mike There's a lot of happiness in my sig :-)) My nature.
--
www.rneba.org.uk for the latest pictures of the very first reunion and
Inaugural General Meeting. Nothing less than a fantastic success.