What did people do today in the garden?

Cheryl Isaak expounded:

I had a Miscanthus chinensis (variegated yellow and green) I tried to divide once - OMG, the thing had roots of iron! I couldn't get even one bit of it out of the ground! It was at the end of my driveway and grew way too big for the space over the years, it blocked the view. Most of it died about three to four years ago during a particularly harsh winter. I took advantage of the kill and got rid of the rest of it. I've got a lovely yellow baptisia there now, much more manageable!

I feel for your son if it's the same grass I had.....:o)

Reply to
Ann

Ann, sorry to do this here, but the email bounced. I mailed you a box of plants today Priority. You should have it in two or so days.

Victoria

Reply to
Jangchub

Jangchub expounded:

OK, Vic, and thanx again. I'll let you know when it gets here.

Reply to
Ann

This is a "Morning Light" (I think!) green and white stripes running up the leaf...

This is a "sheltered" spot - right next (now) to the foundation....

Well, Mr. Strong and Tough is about to forfeit the job. He's done a great job of loosening it up...

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

I sent:

Brugmansia (unknown which, but when it flowers I can tell you) Datura wrightii (the largest flowers of the daturas) Aristolochea Mina lobata aka Spanish Flag vine Pride of Barbados

I may be forgetting one or so. I did write names on each pot.

enjoy v

Reply to
Jangchub