Wetas in the walls ... how to move along ?

Help .. in case there is anyone living in Australiasia .. any suggestions for how I can remove Wetas from a internal wall (with VERY small gaps) without killing them. I have removed (cutback) the method of entry .. a beloved rambling Rose. Any help welcome .. they are a little unnerving to find in the middle of the night !

Reply to
kiwigirl

Kiwigirl, We wonder what wee wetas would want within walls? Would wicked wetas wail wildly while wandering? Well, wily wetas would be worrisome!!

I couldn't resist! Sorry not to be any help. BTW........what ARE wetas?

Emilie in Northern California

Reply to
mleblanca

Val

Very interesting critters! Emilie

Reply to
mleblanca

They are really big, extremely creepy looking bugs...

"The weta?s place in the ecosystem is comparable to that held by mice and other rodents elsewhere in the world."

are NOT nice or cuddly little pets.

If I had too many around my flat, I'd prolly move. Which shouldn't be construed as being excessively scared of bugs. But, if you ever suddenly came across one of them in your kitchen (they don't run away), you would prolly feel the same way. They are especially creepy.

Reply to
Usenet2007

Sort of a locust on steroids!

Cheryl Isaak

"mleblanca" expounded:

Here's a bit more info

Ann

In terms of the original question see if you are able to email Rudd Kleinpaste (the bug guy who used to be on Maggies Garden show) and get his opinion.

rob

Reply to
George.com

Good suggestion thanks Rob ... and to the others thanks for the smiles .. I've learnt something new .. they are unique to NZ. Happy gardening all Wendy

Reply to
kiwigirl