webs on rosemary

The rosemary I recently potted isn't doing well. It's leaves are losing color and there appears to be some webbing covering the stems. Assuming it's an insect, but not sure what it is or how to handle it. Soapy water spray? I'm in the AZ desert, btw. Karen

Some bugs only come along for a short time each season. I'd try blasting the plant from below with the garden hose sprayer. If a couple of weeks go by and you're still having problems, then look for another solution.
JoeSpareBedroom "Anony moose" snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com wrote in message
The rosemary I recently potted isn't doing well. It's leaves ar losing color and there appears to be some webbing covering the stems Assuming it's an insect, but not sure what it is or how to handle it. Soap water spray? I'm in the AZ desert, btw. Karen
Some bugs only come along for a short time each season. I'd tr blasting the plant from below with the garden hose sprayer. If a couple of weeks g by and you're still having problems, then look for another solution.
if it looks like webbing u might have spider mites. take a peek on th stems themselves use a magnifying glass if u have to and look to see i u might have tiny little spiders crawling around on your rosemary. if u do then i would hit them with the water as was mentioned and wai to see what happens then if they come back just treat with soapy wate spray as u had originally thought. spider mites sure do not like soa and water lol. good luck. cyaaaaa, sockiescat:)
-- sockiescat

That sounds like spider mites. Spray the plant with hot water. That should remove most of them. Repeat every few days until mites and webs are gone.