Watering Houseplants While Away

Hi,
We will be away for a while - much longer than our houseplants can go without water. Is there a watering mechanism that will work for three weeks so we needn't have anyone come in?
Thanks, Gary

I've heard that many homeowners insurance policies require a visit every so often, when the owners are away. If that person can't be trusted to water your plants - check www leevalley dot com Plant Nanny Plant Minder Water Bulb I can't vouch for these. Good luck. John T.
On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 21:39:24 -0400, "Gary Brown"

This gets high ratings from Amazon customers: http://tinyurl.com/4upanc4
Gary Brown wrote:

You could:
- put them in the bath with some water - pierce the lid of a softdrink bottle, fill it with water and push it into the potting mix - use water-well pots - arrange cloth wicks from a bucket of water that is higher than the pots, one wick leads into each pot.
some combination

Gels Though not a plant watering system per se, hydrogels can become part of your container garden watering routine. These gels absorb moisture--up to 100 times their weight, notes Purdue University Extension--then slowly release it into the soil. Add hydrogels into your potting soil before planting a container garden, then use a bottle-style irrigation system to keep your plants well watered. <http://www.gardenguides.com/130019-watering-systems-container-gardens.ht ml>
--
- Billy
On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 21:39:24 -0400, Gary Brown wrote:

I use one of these: http://www.gardeners.com/Green-Genius/33-832,default,pd.html
I put my plants in one area, put the tubes in, turn it on and leave, sometimes for more than a month.