want to kill a wild vine

i thought i saw a product that would kill woody vines. by cutting into the base branch and applying this chemical to the cut and it will kill the vine and nothing else? please say it's so!!!
Two people work together, one cuts the vine off near the soil and the other immediately paints the stub with Brush-B-Gone or similar straight from the container. Any drips will kill or damage what ever else they land on so be carefull.
thanks!!!!!!!
This has the best effect in the spring. Chuckie
lucymil wrote:

Look for a brush killer that contains ammonium sulfamate -- I think the trade name is Ammate X. It comes in crystals that you dissolve in water and spray on the leaves or paint on the sliced and diced woody stems. It kills most woody plants and broadleaf weeds; I don't know about perennial grasses. It has been used for decades for killing poison ivy. It is surprisingly non-toxic, but it is corrosive to metal so clean your sprayer good afterwards and be careful where you spray in. HTH
Bob