Vermiculite Packing Material

Hi All, I have access to vermiculite used to over pack bottles of chemicals. Can I use this as a soil amendment in my Zone 4 clay soil? Also would it be good to add to potted plants? The material is clean, dry and I have Material Safety Data Sheets from the supplier that says it is non-hazardous and asbestos free. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Would be good to use to start cuttings.
Hi All,

I think it would be fine to work into your clay soil to help open it up. It isn't going to provide any nutrients, of course, but your soil might be healthy enough already. I don't know about adding it to potted plants, for the reason that it doesn't hold nutrients and potted plants need all the good rich potting soil they can get.
Should be ok. Also good for rooting cuttings.